Sunday, June 21, 2009

Draft Environment - Model Under Construction

.
This first image illustrates how I set about making my model. The first step was defining the area we would be building in in the Unreal editor. I made a cube in Sketchup and imported it in. I then scaled it back appropriately and used it as a kind of measuring tool to determine how many of these could cubes could fit in the Unreal space. I came out with a volume of 200 x 200 x 200m approx, which is the wireframe box seen below. This then defined what I could do in Sketchup.
.


.
These images show the process of my Sketchup draft model. I created every piece separately, to import it into UT as a static mesh. And yeah, it took A LOOOONG TIME.
.


.
And here are some shots of various stages of progression in piecing the model together. Considering Sketchup modelling first, making custom textures, and importing and rebuilding it... i never wanna look at another computer screen again!
.




No comments:

Post a Comment