Tuesday, June 23, 2009

FINAL ENVIRONMENTS!

Here are all the files uploaded to Mediafire (they were too big for Filefront). Aaah, and now that I've composed myself (sorry about those panicked posts...), i'll just quickly explain what was happenning and why there are different files.

1. When I tested my map, the sky was displaying as the white-blue-red grid it displays as in the editor. I tried changing the texture back, looking through its properties, but didn't know how else to fix it. After going through all the earlier saved files, I pinpointed the file in which it first happened, and realised that I'd deleted a little icon in that box outside the model area, that is pre-existing in the experiment 3 template. So I ended up reloading my model into the empty template. I've uploaded the earlier file as proof of the problem.

This is the EARLIER SAVED FILE where the sky was first deleted: http://www.mediafire.com/?dimwm2kj4ko

Also, some components were disappearing. Together with the missing sky this nearly killed me! But I followed all the help in the tutes and discussion board and it all seemed to work out...

3. ...Until the lighting! A majority of the lights still just won't work. When I 'build all' the lighting gets applied, and because it won't work, half of my environment is caught under big shadows and is pitch black. So I've had to settle for 'building geometry' only. The surfaces look flat, but at least you can see everything and walk everywhere. So I've uploaded two final map files:

This is the FINAL UT2004 MAP, WITHOUT ANY LIGHTING:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zhbdnnyzntm

The final UT2004 MAP, WITH LIGHTING (BUT NOT YET BUILT):
http://www.mediafire.com/?yzfjzd3ngo2
Note: I've just realised that in this file, for some really weird reason it's built itself an extra glass wall at the end of the bridge. When you first start, you can't get into the bridge on your right, so use Tab > Type "fly" > Enter to fly around.

4. And lastly...

The final SKETCHUP MODEL:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zhg4ngzizze



WARNING! Before you download, these are really big files! The UT maps screw up in the editor and in the game a lot, which is probably one of the reasons for all the above problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment